Developing applications, machine learning algorithms and predictive models for clients in the education, financial services and retail industries utilizing Python, Node.js, Amazon Web Services, LXD, Postgres and other open source libraries.
- Migrated data from Salesforce based student information system to Postgres database and developed standalone Node.js application to provide secure online access to student records with passwordless authentication via Google Apps and json web tokens and individual documents encrypted and decrypted on demand via AWS Key Management Service.
- Implemented stochastic gradient descent algorithms as a Python module for New York based hedge fund, including accompanying exploratory notebook.
- Developed model to predict sales of individual items at individual stores for a chain of 190 convenience stores in the U.S. and a Dockerized Python application to perform daily predictions from live data in a Microsoft Sql database.
- Developed responsive, data-based resume and blog theme for Hugo static site generator with Golang templates and Google’s Material Design Lite.
- Completed Stanford University Intro to Machine Learning course (100% grade). Coursework in progress includes Convolutional Neural Networks Visual Recognition (Stanford), Reinforcement Learning (University College of London) and Introduction to Algorithms (MIT).
Acquired early-stage postsecondary vocational school as a platform to provide high quality education and placement services to enable those with lower incomes to complete their first steps in higher education and begin promising careers. Built and managed all areas of the institution, including advertising and marketing, admissions, financial aid, education, student services, career services, default management, compliance and reporting, accounting, human resources, information technology and facilities.
- Grew from ten students and two employees to an enrollment of 150 and a faculty and staff of 30 in challenging macro environment with less than $300k working capital investment.
- Outstanding student outcomes, including over 1,000 students enrolled, 800 students graduated and 650 students placed in promising careers with over 90% satisfaction.
Designed, developed, implemented and maintained all information systems to support the growth of the institution and the achievement of outstanding student outcomes.
- Developed end-to-end information system on the Force.com platform with Google Apps for Education, Edline Learning Community Management System, Hubspot Marketing Automation Software and Quickbooks.
- Implemented one-to-one student computing program utilizing Chromebooks and Cisco-Meraki high speed wireless networking gear.
Managed completion of financial statement audit for national eyewear retailer acquired in a complex leveraged transaction. Developed company financial forecast, operating plan and monthly bank and board reporting packages. Managed the prepartion of materials for the company’s first full board meeting. Created plan to improve accounting department personnel, procedures and systems. Developed business intelligence and visualization tool and used it to identify root cause of significant change in same-store sales.
Established lower middle market private equity investment firm, Evaluated over 50 investment opportunities and executed five letters of intent.
Contributed to the successful investment and realization of $335 million Fund I. Led deal sourcing, evaluation and execution. Managed teams of internal investment professionals and outside accounting, legal, tax and industry advisors. Arranged debt financing. Managed preparation of investment committee materials and led investment committee discussions. Worked with portfolio company senior management on strategy and financial management. Mentored junior investment professionals.
- Led the execution of two of eight investments, including the largest of the fund, $55 million in Milestone AV Technologies, a manufacturer and marketer of audio-visual mounting solutions.
- Sourced two investments, including a $26 million add-on acquisition for Milestone that contributed $30 million in EBITDA four years after it was acquired.
- Led the financial due diligence for the most successful investment of the fund, $49 million in Tempur World, the leading provider of visco-elastic mattresses and pillows, which listed on the NYSE and produced a 9.5x cash-on-cash return over four years.
- Performed financial analysis for SEC filings to support Walter Hewlett’s opposition of Hewlett-Packard’s merger with Compaq Computer.
Magna cum laude. Concentrations in finance and marketing.
Summa cum laude.